Honey Vanilla Bean Meringues
Here is a tasty treat that pairs well with a steaming mug of tea, a cozy couch, and some good friends to share with!
With heavy shortbreads and dense fruitcakes in abundance over the winter season, introduce this simple meringue as a light and refreshing addition to your baking platter.
HONEY VANILLA BEAN MERINGUES
Recipe and photos courtesy of andyskye.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup Three Foragers Creamed Honey
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, or 1/2 vanilla bean
- a generous pinch of sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 225F.
- Place a medium-sized metal mixing bowl into the refrigerator to cool. Egg whites peak nicely in a cold bowl.
- In another medium-sized bowl, combine the egg whites, honey, vanilla, and sea salt.
- Whisk the egg mixture together with a large whisk or hand/stand mixer. Continue to whisk for 3 minutes until the egg whites have aerated.
- Pull the cold bowl from the refrigerator. Pour the egg mixture into the bowl and continue to whisk mixture on high until stiff peaks form.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop large tablespoonfuls of the meringue mixture onto the parchment paper or place mixture into an icing bag to pipe into lovely swirls.
- Bake meringues in the oven for 1-1.5 hours, depending on the size of your meringues. If you prefer chewier meringues, remove from oven just before an hour, and if you prefer crunchier meringues, leave in the oven for up to 1.5 hrs for a drier cookie.
- Cool meringues to room temperature on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Do you have a creative way to use honey in your life? We want to hear it!